Monday, September 13, 2010

Jesus holder of all my dreams

Psa 37:4-5 (4) Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. (5) Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.

1Pe 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

These are two verses that I have held onto for a long long time. They have been the secret whispers of my heart to my heart, my silent recitation; They are the truth.

If you have not yet heard I am now the youth pastor of First Assembly of God in Fort Wayne IN. This is a dream I have had for over ten years. A dream I believed had died. I was wrong. Jesus had it in His heart for me all along. Just not yet.

Some have said things to me like, "it's about time" or "something like this should have happened years ago". I understand what they are saying and I am grateful for the kindness but they are incorrect. I wasn't ready and Jesus knew I wasn't. A transformation had to take place in me before I could come to this place and walk it out with integrity. The idol of my dreams had to be torn down, the Lord made central in my affections, and my desires uprooted from empty ideas and planted deep in the glory of the fountain that never runs dry.

The point of this post is simple. I want to thank Jesus for leading me. He knows my heart and He loves me. He truly is the lover of my soul. The good shepherd. Jesus is the holder of all my dreams. He is my dreams. He is my great reward.

I want to write a note to all of my friends languishing in the place of waiting. Those currently "humbled under the mighty hand of the Lord". STAY THERE!!!! Do not leave that place of the wilderness until you hold every treasure of the desert in you hands. Give yourself to this time with passion and understanding. Do not push into "what's next" and miss the glory of where you are. I know it hurts. I know it is hard. I know you HATE it, but hang on. Wait. Be Still! When He is ready to raise you up there will be NO STOPPING HIM!

He is more jealous for your destiny than you are - believe it


No comments: