Monday, March 5, 2012

The Unsearchable Riches of Christ

Eph 3:8 - "To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ".  What a statement!  
The context of this verse is a discussion Paul is having with the church at Ephesus about what he has been called to do, and why they should not lose heart at his sufferings.  There is a whole list here in Eph 3.  He is to reveal the secret of God that the Gentiles are to take part in the promise given to the Jewish people through Christ (vs 6 - this is the preaching of the Gospel fyi).  He is to bring to light the eternal cosmic role of the church, to make known the manifest wisdom of God in the Heavenly realms (vs 9), but in the middle there is this incredible statement.  He is to preach to the gentiles the "unfathomable riches of Christ".  I read this and I am stirred my friends.  I want to have this calling.  I want to walk in this grace;  to preach to everyone the beauty, the glory, the unimaginable worth of Jesus of Nazareth.  

As a pastor I fear I have neglected this calling.  I must return to the preaching of His Riches.  To uncover to all who will listen, the glory of Jesus.

I heard someone say the other day, "I am not just a follower of Jesus, I am a WORSHIPPER of Jesus!"  My heart said "YES!" when I heard this.  We are more than the followers of a set of teachings.  We are more than adherents to the words of a wise guru.  We are worshippers of the uncreated Son of the Living God!  We bow before the majesty and sovereignty of the one through whom all things were made.  We can never forget this!

Lift Jesus High in your thoughts today friends!  Exalt Him in your hearts!  Set Jesus as the center of your joy and sin will fall from you!
Amen

No comments: